Issued on 19 January 2023 by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the ICC Declaration on Dispute Prevention and Resolution honours the Centenary of the ICC International Court of Arbitration (ICC Court) setting out a vision to shape dispute resolution and prevention for the next century.
Go directly to: Download
What is the ICC Declaration on Dispute Prevention and Resolution?
The Declaration mirrors the pioneering vision of the founders of ICC (“the Merchants of Peace”) 100 years ago. Their vision marked a new phase in the history of international commercial arbitration and its institutionalisation with the creation of the ICC Court, which promotes access to justice, integrity and the rule of law.
Today, the Declaration outlines the guiding principles for a forward-looking framework to signpost the way forward for trusted ICC dispute resolution services.
What are the priorities of the ICC Court for the next century of dispute resolution?
- Ensuring access to justice and the rule of law
- Providing an independent and neutral dispute prevention and resolution process
- Driving thought leadership in dispute prevention and resolution through innovative services
- Increasing the global reach of arbitration and ADR
- Improving transparency in the dispute prevention and resolution process
- Providing training and capacity building to strengthen dispute infrastructure globally
- Leading the transformation of dispute prevention and resolution
- Building on our cutting-edge work on diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of dispute prevention and resolution
- Adopting sustainability measures to minimise our own environmental footprint
- Working across ICC and in partnership with like-minded organisations and individuals globally
Read more about the Centenary of the ICC International Court of Arbitration